Monday, February 4, 2008

Bangalore Traffic

I travel Electronics city to Bommanahalli everyday to reach my office. The distance between the two places is around 4 to 5 kms. I spend at least half an hour to reach the destination. If I go by bike on day time (without traffic), I can reach the destination within 10 mins.

Today morning there were a huge traffic in HOSA Road, I thought some accident would have happened. In front of my vehicle there were hundreds of vehicles standing on the road. After 10 minutes, somehow I managed to cross that particular HOSA Road junction.

(HOSA Road is a place available on the HOSUR road, next to Electronics City Phase -1 towards Madivala. It has a small junction which leads to Sarjapur. There are two Police men appointed on this signal, to control the traffic.)

After crossing the signal, I happened to see a shocking situation. Next to signal there were no vehicles on the road. Finally I noticed one thing the traffic occurs because of the Private Buses which runs from Attibele to K.R.Market and BMTC brown buses which has a driver who act as driver and as well as Conductor. These two vehicles were blocking the road and were busy in filling their bus seats. Traffic Police man also standing near by that bus, but unfortunately he didn’t try to clear the traffic or regulate the traffic.

The problem because of the “BUS Stop”, either the Bus stop should be inext to the signal (after 100 to 200 meters) or before the Signal (100 to 200 meters). But in HOSA road the Bus Stop is situated exactly in the Signal.

Somebody has to act on this issue and has to take action, either Traffic Police or respective BDA authority.

Share you, another experience in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment